Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why I wake up smiling in the morning.

I wake up every morning,
Knowing that you watched me in the night.
Knowing that like dawn in a land full of darkness and dying.
That there is hope in the light that is to come.
For you have said.

I will renew you on the wings of the morning.
And on it's first rays I feel like I'm soaring.
Past the past over the unders up past the downs.
And suddenly the terrors and worries of the night before.
Seem so out of place, like clowns,
Walking through a grocery store.

Cause every morning I'm reminded when the sunlight leaves me blinded.
That Verily He is coming soon.
As surely as the light flows into my room his spirit in my heart testifies.
That with these very eyes I WILL AGAIN be blinded.
By the light not of the sun... but of the Son.

And I am reminded.
And I look forward to being rewarded, rubbed and hugged stunned when he says son well done!
Shocked when the gate is unlocked and he says...
Enter my rest good and faithful one.
And I stand there, tears streaming mouth gaping.
Caught between shock and awe .
So undeserving.
And that's why I wake up smiling in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment