Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Debt.

There are things you have done and been.
That can never be repaid.
Things that were felt and ideas unseen.
Memmentos and memmories made.

And sometimes the debt is too great to fathom.
My worth dwindles in comparison.
And the only thought of worth is the wisdom.
That you dont request compensation.

You give it free.
For all of me.

And its unsettling.
And unnecessary.
Its humbling.
And it makes me weary.

Angry and puzzeled.
Because I pay my debts.
I earn my laurels.
And even if I give till there is nothing of mine and me left.

That debt remains.
Solitary as a stain.
That scars yet holds hours and ideas that cannot be bought and sold.

And you are not even divine.
That I could pine that my own heart cannot shine as thine.

I am broken through and in owing all to you set free. I am sold forever into your slavery.

Words I cant say.
A debt I cannot pay.
Except to laugh away,
That I will love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment