Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Sunday, May 5, 2013

When my eyes are closed.

New worlds are in view.
Foreign land and native hands.
I can see you.
Helping children understand.

Suddenly the scene changes.
And we're in danger, on an adventure.
Everything seems stranger.
But you're here, and that's clear.

There's a cameo appearance.
From a stranger I remember.
There's a glimpse of the darkness.
I'm not here, I'm not near.

My eyes open.
In a whirl the world.
Fades and is broken.
I grasp in futility, for a moments memories.

But all I catch is you.
Half asleep smiles warms my heart a while.
And then glazes through.
And I'm back on the scene searching my dreams for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment