Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A gentle reminder.

It seemed like whimsy the way it played.
Like a dream that left me dismayed.
First my blood took me away, only to forget that I came.
Then my friends shared their dismay. that I did not seem the same.

So I dived into the service of the one to whom I yield.
Only to find those in the harvest enjoy the sunset over the fields.
I called out to my lover to tell her of my grief.
But she is burdened far too burdened to give my burdens relief.

So I judged them and I cursed them for without them I am alone.
And again your love reminds me, that they never were my own.
They are yours, and I am yours and who am I to judge what is thine.
So I will sit and cry out to you till I am yours and you are mine.

Sometimes God strips us to equip us.

No comments:

Post a Comment