Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Counsel.

You sit there and lay your heart on the table.
Playing cards I've heard before.
But somehow i'm just not able.
To make the pain go away anymore.

You share your hurt and the disappointment you bear.
But my burden grows with every word that you share.
Cause I can't tell how I did it before.
I can't make the pain go away anymore.

But I can love you with every waking breath.
I can hold the hopes I have for you tight.
I can bury the feelings, in a love deeper than the ocean depths.
And keep my fire burning till your eyes can see the light.

I can hope that one day you will come through.
I can pray that you will find your hope renewed.
I can listen in silence, until you are silent too.
But I can never stop loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment