Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Sea and me.

I am the bitch that barks from the shore,
I am every suicidal sailors whore.
Who will stick her tongue down his throat,
Until he breathless feels afloat.

I am the thief of broken ships.
Their gold their souls from surface rip.
Not to use but keep till tide and rust.
Reduce it all to floating dust.

I hold the predator and prey.
And devour both as time decays.
I hunger always and never thirst.
And fill myself till engorged I burst.

But you are kind like streams that flow.
From rivers that feed all that grows.
You are light like rain that washes clean.
The dirt from the proud the poor and mean.

No matter what you are or what you will be.
You will never be as shallow as the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment