Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Friday, November 4, 2011

Free

Plain tea and wide open spaces.
The sea and coconut benches.
The blue above concrete arches.
Free... You and me.

Living words of divine essence.
Hear your whisper in silence.
Whisper praise, penitence, converse,
Free.. You and me.

These quiet moments we escape,
To city roof or ocean cape.
My chained heart you begin to shape,
Free... You and me.

When I pass through deaths dark door.
One day at last shift through the floor,
To a world where only the living go,
Free... You and me.
For eternity.

The moments I treasure most are those silent moments with God amid the chaos of life. The moments he takes when he reminds me of his presence in my day. With a sunset, a word, a movement of his spirit. And the moments I give him when I make time for him. I find in those moments that I can be myself with the Creator who made me who I am, and the Savior who drew me to Him. That freedom is what refreshes me, It's what I crave, It's what Adam lost, It's what Christ won back, It's the Spirit living inside those who surrender. It's what makes us free. Even when we have chains on our hands, on our time, on our work, and our mind.

And I can't wait until these moments merge in death into a surge of eternity, of freedom with Him.



It is for freedom He set us free, and who He sets free is free indeed...
(Galatians5:1/John8:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment