Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Smile.

I have my meals on time.
I get through life just fine.
I can work and rhyme.
I have so much that's mine.

But why can't I smile?

You live with your kid on the street.
You barely have what you need.
You wear broken shoes on your feet.
Your poor, your hurt, you bleed.

You smile?
How?
When you hold your child.
Even now.

When she sleeps in your embrace.
When you feel her caress.
Like the lines across your face.
Attest that you known life's bliss.

My wealth is cursed by your poverty.
My health is mocked by your infirmity.
That even with all this, the bliss of a smile in my life most glossed,
Is defiled and lost on me

While you and your child are poor with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment