Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hello Stranger.

Hello stranger, is that smile a disguise?
Or is that just fear and tears in your eyes?
I remember seeing you somewhere before?
Through a mirror, river or misty window?

Hello there stranger , have you seen me before?
I can't place your face drifter, please let me know?
That an inquiring look? is it worry or woe?
I find its reminding me of myself more and more.

Goodbye stranger, you know I don't really care,
For your danger and anger filled silent stare.
You echo, hollow reflection of days long gone.
We're not the same, save in name so stranger move on.

 Just an argument I had with my reflection a few days ago, over whether we had changed or not in the last few years. Turns out we haven't changed much, but there are more areas being surrendered and worked on simultaneously. In fact if I'm honest with myself the same things I've struggled with for years are being struggled with still. I guess it's a good sign that I haven't given up on them, but it is disheartening to see so little progress. The one thing that has changed is the intimacy between me and God and the people I love, though the situations may not change I find that the relationships that are their foundation have changed, and that makes a world of a difference. In many ways I'm not the same person I was three years ago, because the people around me have grown, changed or they've gone. And that changes everything. And I'm not just talking situations, emotional control and stability, my resolve has changed has grown, and in some ways regressed. :( What's worse despite having more experience and having walked with God for longer I find that I live in the same depth with him, and that though I am committed, I find myself more than ever wanting more, and finding less, not because he is any less but perhaps simply because my heart is not in the right place.): 

I guess in a way that's a positive thing, my desire for more of him, may lead to him fulfilling the desires of my heart right? A closer walk, sanctification, the finer things maybe... :) (Psalm 37:4)

It's frustrating when you look back and seem the same, but remember only God can see your heart, not even you can, and in the end as long as your with him, his promise remains. He WILL bring to completion the work he began in you simply because that's who he is, and thank God who he is doesn't depend on how, or who we are. (Philippians 1:6) 


And that promise gives even the most stubbornly jaded heart (like mine) hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment