Labels

Random Poetry (36) Life (29) Reflections (15) Love (13) Devotions (10) Nature (8) Future (2) Hope (2) Moving on (2)

Friday, October 14, 2011

In a Heartbeat.

The world was simpler when I first met you.
Denying simple complications was all I knew.
Life's plans unfurled, they guaranteed my defeat.
You flipped my world upside down in a heart beat.

Now I sing that my world's been re-arranged.
I'm amazed, awed by everything you've changed.
My world, my heart, my soul! Oh what a threepeate.
And I watched you do it all in just a heartbeat.

Now I'm a mess mesmerized by how your working.
Captivated by your love and all your doing,
So when the oceans rise and my feet are stuck in concrete.
I trust that you will turn the tide in just a heartbeat.

I heard you so long I thought I'd figured you out.
I hear a new verse from your song that erased all my doubt.
It's like I'm listening for the first time, and it's just so sweet.
To be humbled and held closer in a heartbeat.

And though people fail me and circumstances change.
Though I stumble myself, it seems so strange.
That you never test me beyond what I can beat,
And you change my circumstances in a heartbeat.

So I can't wait for that wonderful day.
When I meet my final fate and fade away.
And at last I am yours, at last I'm complete.
When you hold me close and I finally hear your heartbeat.




Today God reminded me that He is epic.
That He is the only one who is Awepic.
And that He is worthy of who He is, because only He can be who He is.
My passion for Him, my offerings to Him, my devotion to Him, and what is His,
has been stale as of late. It had become a chore.
A habit, nothing more.
But today he revealed himself to me in a simple act.
He reminded me that it is he in fact, who can turn bitter to sweet, bring victory from defeat.
And do it all in just a heartbeat.
He started by speaking to me in the morning about being refreshed in the spirit.
And I had my doubts about what it meant or how he would do it.
Then he just DID IT. Like that he out poured his spirit into my veins and now every heartbeat bears strength peace, and meaning.
Meaning that I lacked for so so long...
I worry if it's just a feeling that will fade.
Rather than the knowledge of him working in my head.
Just the pessimist in me I guess, (Or the realist)
If nothing else he reminded me that I am dearly dearly loved.
By my savior up above.

Phillipians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and your
minds in Christ Jesus.
That's all that I can find to explain it. :)

If he amazes me, for him it's nothing.
But if he's reaching for you, he's up to something.
Don't blink or you will miss a treat.
Cause he'll steal away your heart in just a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment